Telehandler Fork Lift Driver
McTaggart Construction is looking for a Telehandler Fork Lift Driver for new-build homes being built in Glasgow by Wheatley Group.
Key responsibilities and skills required:
- Co-operate with site management and carry out any safe, reasonable instructions
- Organise the storage of materials to allow the site to run in an efficient manner
- Ensure the site is kept clean, tidy and in a suitable, presentable condition to visitors and contractors
- Keeping pedestrian routes clear of materials
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to instruction and Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure correct waste segregation
- Carry out and record equipment checks
- General Operative duties required when not operating Tele handler.
- Current CPCS qualification to operate a 17m all-terrain forklift
- Good awareness of health and safety issues
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Physically fit
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work using own initiative as appropriate
- Knowledge of building methods and materials.
- First Aid desirable
- 360 slew desirable
- Hardworking and reliable
- A “can do” attitude as heavily promoted by the rest of the team
- Understands the importance of team work
- Flexibility and willingness to be involved in all aspects of the operation.