Trainee Sheriff Officer
Walker Love has vacancies for a Trainee Sheriff Officer based at our Paisley office, although once qualified the candidate may be posted to one of our other seven office locations based in Scotland.
The post will involve predominantly field-based support tasks in addition to some office-based duties, during which time you will apply yourself to the position of Trainee Sheriff Officer and the intense study of legal reference books and civil procedures.
Applicants require a blend of excellent people skills, professional integrity and must be prepared to undertake structured training leading to a professional qualification.
- To provide support to Messengers-at-Arms & Sheriff Officers while carrying out their duties and to study and prepare to sit the entrance examination.
- Candidates must have at least five passes at a SCQF Level 5 or above including passes in English and Mathematics.
Candidates who have other educational qualifications, such as National Certificate Modules, GCSE, RSA, or City and Guilds, should not be discouraged from applying as it may be possible to seek exemption from this regulation and be considered on the grounds of age and experience.
Candidates must have a full valid and clean driving licence.
You will require to pass reference checks, credit checks and criminal record checks.
Salary whilst training 15K to 17.5K.
Company benefits when qualified:
- Company vehicle
- Pension contributions
- Professional subscriptions paid.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.