Cube and GHA tenants join forces in Glasgow
Cube Housing Association has formally become part of Glasgow Housing Association.
Earlier this year, 85.8% of Cube tenants who voted in an independent ballot did so in favour of Cube and GHA coming together within Wheatley Group, as one tenant-led organisation in the city.
Joining forces with GHA paves the way for multi-million-pound improvements, the transformation of communities and a stronger tenant voice in the city. Benefits of the new partnership include:
- over £25 million being invested in modernising and improving thousands of Cube homes over five years;
- Cube and GHA together building an additional 600 new homes, taking the total to 2100;
- the opportunity to kick start a massive regeneration of the Wyndford estate in Maryhill and improving concierge services to provide a 24/7 on-site service at Wyndford, Collina Street and Broomhill;
- the creation of hundreds of new jobs, apprenticeships and training opportunities for Cube tenants and their families;
- and an even stronger voice for tenants in Glasgow through greater representation on the board.
GHA Managing Director Jehan Weerasinghe said: “This really is fantastic news for tenants as it means we can do even more for people living in our communities than we could before.
“As GHA is also part of Wheatley Group, tenants know they will see the same excellent level of services and support. We’ll continue to be there for tenants 24/7, seven days a week, offering personalised support right from day one.”
Cube Chair Peter Kelly said: “The Cube board is very proud of what has been achieved with the support and engagement of tenants in recent years to improve homes, communities and the life chances of local people. We have absolutely no doubt a new, stronger GHA will be able to go even further in creating “Better Homes, Better Lives, a Better Glasgow”.
More than 90% of the Cube tenants living outside Glasgow who voted did so in favour of joining Loretto Housing Association, which is also part of Wheatley Group. This move will happen in the summer.
Tuesday, May 11, 2021