An independent business economist with an extensive professional career spanning financial services (in both London and Edinburgh), oil and gas and the Scottish civil service. Jo has been appointed a Member of the Water Industry Commission for Scotland (Scotland’s independent economic water regulator) and is the Economist in OFGEM’s Expert Panel for its Low Carbon Innovation Fund. Previously Jo was the Budget Advisor to the Scottish Parliament’s Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee and the Local Government Committee. Jo is an Honorary Professor of Public Policy at the Adam Smith Business School at Glasgow University; a Fellow of the Institute of Directors and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. She holds two degrees in economics from the University of Strathclyde. She joined the Wheatley Group Board 24 June 2015 and is the Chair of the Group Development Committee.
Interests outside of Wheatley Group:
- Water Industry Commission for Scotland - Commission Member
- Hub West Scotland - Independent Chair
- OFGEM - Electricity Network Innovation Competitions Expert Panel - Chair
- IoD Scotland - Advisory Board Member
- University of Glasgow – Honorary Professor