In the news
Wheatley Group is making headline news in the UK and across Europe thanks to our strong business performance and industry-leading results.
Check out some of the highlights from the national press and leading industry publications here:
- Wheatley gets first tranche of £185M European Investment Bank funding - Scottish Financial Review, October 2019
- First Minister of Scotland opens new £16.2M Wheatley development - Scottish Housing News, September 2019
- Wheatley confirmed as UK’s largest social housing builder - Scottish Housing News, July 2019
- Wheatley's financial outlook revised upward by S&P Global Ratings - 24housing magazine, May 2019
- New Dunedin Canmore homes mark completion of £70million regeneration project - Scottish Housing News, May 2019
- Dunedin Canmore secures £16M loan to help build new homes - Scottish Housing News, February 2019
- GHA's investment programme generates £2billion for Scottish economy - 24housing, January 2019
- £76M investment to allow Wheatley to build 700 new affordable homes - Scottish Financial News, December 2018
- Wheatley secures £185M in landmark EU deal to build and improve homes - European Investment Bank, July 2018
- Wheatley Chief Executive honoured by Institute of Directors Scotland
- GHA named amongst Europe's business elite – Scottish Housing News, October, 2017.
- Wheatley secures £100m debt investment deal – 24housing magazine, June, 2017.
- S&P moves Wheatley to stable outlook – Scottish Financial News, June 2017.
- European Union to continue funding UK housing despite Brexit vote – Social Housing, December, 2016.
- Council signs off on repairs joint venture with Wheatley Group – Scottish Housing News, December, 2016.
- Poverty trust Wheatley Foundation helping thousands – BBC website, December, 2016. A new charitable trust targeting poverty and social exclusion has said it is set to reach up to 7,000 people in its first year.
- Scotland's largest housing association plans £150m loan from European Investment Bank – Scottish Housing News, October, 2016. Scotland’s biggest social landlord is looking to borrow £150m from the European Investment Bank (EIB).
- New Wheatley bond to fund around 2800 new homes – The Scotsman, November, 2014.