The Foundation story
The Wheatley Foundation, our charitable trust, is “Making Lives Better” for thousands of people in our communities across Scotland.
The Foundation aims to help thousands of disadvantaged or vulnerable people each year reach their full potential through a focus on two main priorities:
- maximising access to employment, training and learning opportunities for customers of all ages; and
- supporting customers by tackling social exclusion and alleviating the impacts of poverty.
Foundation programmes have grown to include one of Scotland’s largest Modern Apprenticeship programmes and My Great Start, a support service that helps tenants settle into their new homes.
This year we aim to support hundreds of jobs and training opportunities and help thousands of customers with advice and practical support through wraparound services that improve quality of life.
We also support children and young people in our households and communities; and promote customer access to digital services and educational opportunities.
Find out more about our current programmes by clicking the links below:
- Social and financial inclusion
- Employability – Wheatley Works
- Digital Inclusion
- Children and Young People